Please treat and care for as you would your real hair or follow instruction below if neccessary.
1) Keep hair clean at all times. We suggest washing your hair at least once or twice weekly with lukewarm or cold water.
2) When washing your hair, we suggest you mix shampoo with some conditioner and brush hair thoroughly, wash in one direction, squeezing the shampoo and conditioner from top to bottom, then rinse out with clean water.
3) Make sure you brush/comb hair everyday and after each wash. When brushing hair, start from the bottom and work your way up gradually to the top. ( remember to hold weft with the other hand, to avoid pulling scalp)
4) To keep hair from dyness if need be. Dilute some conditioner, Conditioner 10 -15% with water, 85 - 90% and use it as a hair spray daily before brushing. We recommend using a leave in contioner for diluting.
5) Color or dye to any color as desires, style as desire. Straighten from curly to silky smooth straight hair or go bouncy curly from straight. Switch between styles and colors. Avoid harsh coloring or chemicals for longer lasting. Enjoy and treat as won hair
MORE DETAILED DAILY MAINTENANCE FOR VIRGIN HAIR:
• You MUST brush your Standard virgin hair in the mornings and at night before bed.
• Its advisable to carry a brush in your bag. But this is optional, Wind, rain and pollution can affect our hair and it may need a little tidy up from time to time during the day.
WASHING VIRGIN HAIR EXTENSIONS
There is a real knack to maintaining healthy and vibrant hair extensions and washing your hair correctly yet not over washing is essential.
• Always brush your hair before you get into the shower. This limits breakage and tangling when the hair gets wet.
• Let the shower head do the work, wetting your hair in a light downward motion.
• Not too much shampoo (and when we say shampoo, we mean no Sulfate). A dab the size of quarter of your palm should do it.
• Lather your hair at the roots, massaging gently AROUND the extension attachments. Avoid touching these if you can. Two minutes of soothing massage is about right.
• You can now move on to the rest of your hair. Split this into manageable sections, about two on each side. Use your palms to spread the lather at the roots down through each section. By using a downward motion, sandwich each section of your hair in your palms and rub down to clean. The hair will remain strong and breakage is minimised.
• Rinse your scalp, again letting the shower do the work. Repeat the lathering and palm wash process , but with a smaller amount of shampoo and just as gentle.
• Lastly, rinse away any traces of shampoo using lukewarm water until your hair feels squeaky clean. A blast of cool water (as cold as you can cope with) at the very end will close the cuticles and ensure the hair is left smooth and shiny.
• Whilst your hair is wet, use your fingers to lightly separate the hair and continue this process with a wide-toothed comb to ensure no sections are joined or intertwined.
• Rub Almond or Coconut oil into the wet hair with the palms of your hands and comb through again using the wide-toothed comb.
• It’s important to be in-tune with your hair and recognise when it feels and looks dry. In order to preserve the moisture in your Real Hair Extensions you can use natural oils and lotions that contain Almond or Coconut as part of a weekly routine. We only recommend pure natural oils and lotions for moisturising your hair.
• Avoid over-washing your hair. Use small amounts of natural products and your hair will stay cleaner for longer. Also, over-washing can loosen your extensions.
• Never use a brush on your hair when it’s wet. Instead, use a wide-toothed comb.
• NEVER go to bed with wet hair!
Real Curly Hair Extensions look incredibly glamorous and there is a fantastic selection to choose from here at virginhairworld. Curly hair has a tendency to be naturally drier than straight hair, so it may be necessary to replenish its moisture more often especially 6-8 weeks after installation. Getting to know your hair extensions is key – as soon as you sense they are beginning to dry, spritz them with a little water when required. Adding a few drops of natural oil to the water will work wonders too.
Changes in weather, your exercise routine, pollution and how you style your hair can all have an impact on all hair types. So keep an eye on things to get the best out of your lovely natural virgin hair.
Finally, enjoy your hair extensions. Just a little bit of TLC is all they need to stay looking healthy and glossy.
HAIR PRODUCTS FOR virgin HAIR EXTENSIONS.
We suggest that you use the following products (or similar) to maintain your hair extensions.
Sulfate and silicone Free Shampoo:
Aveda Be Curly
Aveda Dry Remedy
L'Oreal Ever Pure Moisture Shampoo
John Masters Lavender Rosemary Shampoo
Curls Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo
Aragan oil shampoo
Organic Moisturisers For Virgin Uncolured Hair:
Moroccan Pure Argan Oil - for styling only, the following oils will penetrate cuticles and treat virgin hair;
KTC Pure Almond Oil
Virgin Coconut Oil
Unrefined Coconut Creme or Oil
Pure Jojoba Oil
As a treatment, leave in or soak in Coconut oil for 30mins and rinse out with organic shampoo
Organic Moisturisers for Coloured Human Hair:
All the above oils but leave in before washing and rinse out or apply small amounts when required.
Moroccan Argan Oil - for styling
Dr. Hauschka Neem Hair Lotion
Finishing, for all hair types:
Moroccan Argan Oils or Serums
Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray
For further advice, simply get in touch. We are here to help.